Health & Wellness
Due to the current COVID-19 community mitigation guidance, in-person Health & Wellness programs may be suspended or moved into a virtual format.
Please contact your local AAA for location-specific information. You can find your local AAA by visiting the AAA Locator.
The Pennsylvania Department of Aging's Health & Wellness Programs aim to promote healthier lifestyles among older Pennsylvanians so that there is a measurable improvement in their quality of life and subsequent reduction in overall healthcare costs.
The goals of these programs are to:
- Abolish the myth that inevitable functional decline comes with age
- Empower older adults with the information needed to age well
- Support older adults in making lifestyle changes to improve overall health
- Reduce the utilization of the healthcare system
Administered throughout Pennsylvania by the local Area Agencies on Aging, there are a variety of programs that assist older adults in self-managing:
- Chronic conditions (diabetes, arthritis, chronic pain, etc.)
- Mental health
- Medication Management
- Injury and disease prevention
- Substance Use Disorder
For more information or to see programs scheduled in your area, select a program link from the list to the right.