Pennsylvania offers a free health insurance counseling program (APPRISE) designed to help older Pennsylvanians with Medicare. Counselors are specially trained staff and volunteers who can answer your questions about Medicare and provide you with objective, easy-to-understand information about Medicare, Medicare Supplemental Insurance, Medicaid, and Long-Term Care Insurance.
Our APPRISE Counselors can help you:
- Understand your Medicare benefits by explaining what services are covered under Medicare Parts A and B and your Medicare Summary Notice
- Understand your Medicare Prescription Drug (Part D) benefit
- Make informed choices about Medicare coverage options, Medigap policies and Medicare Advantage Plans
- Understand Medicare eligibility and enrollment
- Understand financial assistance programs that may be available to help pay for your Medicare premiums, deductible and co-pays, as well as your prescription drug needs (Extra Help and Medicare Savings Plan)
- Understand and assist with the Medicare appeal process
- Understand benefits under Long Term Care policies
- By making presentations on Medicare to your group or organization
Toll-free APPRISE Helpline is 1-800-783-7067, all services are free and confidential.
Become an APPRISE volunteer!
Most APPRISE counselors are volunteers who start out as concerned citizens who have a question or issue regarding their own health insurance. Once they find the answer, they want to learn more and share what they have learned with others.
- You will receive free training about Medicare, Medicaid, Medicare Advantage, Medigap, Medicare prescription drug coverage, appeals, fraud and abuse and more.
- You can become a counselor, a speaker, an assistant, a data entry person, or even a writer.
- Whatever your talents may be, there is an opportunity for you to volunteer.
For more information about the APPRISE program or to become an APPRISE volunteer, use the Area Agency on Aging Locator and contact the AAA serving your local county.